Schools & Colleges
From back stage tours to bespoke workshops in schools, training courses for teachers and careers advice for students, we’re very keen to share our resources with those in the formal education sector.
We are passionate about engaging young people in drama! For so many people, their interest first developed in school – perhaps inspired by teachers who shared that love of theatre. We aim to support teachers in their work in the classroom, with workshops related to productions on our main stage and opportunities for classes to visit the Lyric.
Schools Affiliation Scheme
Developing relationships with schools across Northern Ireland.
The Schools Affiliation scheme was launched in 2018 with 14 schools selected to take part in the pilot programme.
The aim of the scheme is to strengthen relationships with schools across Northern Ireland by developing communication links with teachers. We want to help support drama departments in schools by sharing advice, expertise and resources.
We believe the study of drama is vitally important, not just for those wishing to pursue a career within the arts, but also in boosting key skills such as confidence & communication skills, team building, decision making etc. which are now essential skills required in any career path.
Advantages of Affiliation Scheme:
– Use of the Lyric/Creative Learning/ Belfast Harbour logo for the school website
– Invitation to 2 teachers per school to the opening night of Lyric productions
– 90 minute workshop in school on; voice, physical theatre, stage combat, specific texts
– Professional Development opportunities for teachers
– Discount on school group bookings: £10 tickets, 11th ticket free
– Free tours of the theatre
– Careers advice and consultation
Applications are now closed.
Get in touch with our team!
If you have any queries about our work with schools, or if you would like to work with us contact Erin Hoey, our Creative Learning Schools Coordinator.